Most people feel energized during the HCG Diet, but some people may find themselves in an energy slump during the VLCD of the HCG Diet. There are a couple of reasons for this, as well as a couple of solutions.
- If it’s the first week on the HCG VLCD, it’s pretty normal. It’s just another part of your body detoxing and adjusting to the HCG Diet.
- You may not have gorged well enough on your gorge days to stock your fat stores to cover you for the first week.
- If you’re only eating your allowed foods in two sittings (lunch and dinner), your blood sugar levels may be sapping your energy.
- Your energy dip may be unrelated to the HCG Diet altogether. Exercising, PMS or your period, stress, or other factors may be to blame.
- The best solution we’ve found, whether you’re on the HCG Diet or not, is homeopathic vitamin B-12. It can give you a healthy boost in your energy level.
- Eating your fruit servings and/or breadstick servings separately from your meal (protein and veggie servings) can help level out your blood sugar levels.
- If you’ve tried everything else and you’re pretty far into the HCG VLCD, you may need to increase your dose. Generally, if someone is experiencing this, we suggest they increase their dose from 7 drops to 10 drops, three times per day.
How was your energy level while on the HCG Diet? If it was low, what did you do to boost it?