With all of the different HCG Weight Loss Protocols out there, people seem to get confused about what they should and should not be eating. One of the foods that people are most confused about eating is eggs.
I have read in several different places that people think it's okay to eat eggs on the HCG Diet when ever they'd like. But at the same time others will tell you to stay far far away from eggs.
To find out which one is right, we're asking the question...
Can You Eat Eggs On The HCG Diet?
Well first let me give you the short answer - Yes, it is okay to eat eggs on the HCG Diet.
But... and this is an important But - Eating eggs on the HCG Diet is not something that you should do every single day. However, when you do eat eggs, you are better off mainly eating egg whites. This is because Egg Yolks contain so much fat. Which brings us to the next question...
How Many Eggs Are You Allowed To Have?
Dr. Simeons says, you can have a total of 4 eggs. But, you should not eat 4 whole eggs at one time - You can have the whites of 3 eggs and 1 whole egg with the yolk. However, you should only eat the 4 allowed eggs when you are replacing the protein from your lunch or dinner. This is because the contents of two large eggs with the yolk, are roughly equivalent to 100 grams of meat. So the 3 egg whites and 1 whole egg should be about the same.
Some people that are extremely hungry in the mornings, will sometimes eat 1 hard boiled egg for breakfast. But on the days that you do this, you should at least cut out your Melba Toast/Grissini Bread-stick. This brings us to the last question...
How Often Can You Have Eggs On The HCG Diet?
If you are eating a hard-boiled egg for your breakfast, you should only do this about 1 or 2 times a week - But I would not do this on the same day that you plan on having eggs with your lunch or dinner.
You should only eat the 4 allowed eggs with one of your meals. So you could do this maybe once or twice a week just to mix things up a bit - But I wouldn't suggest doing it much more than that.
Keep in mind, if your weight loss slows down or you plateau after you start eating eggs on the HCG Diet, you should stop doing it right away. Everyone is different, which means that certain things will work great for some and not so much for others.
So here is a quick summary of everything we have just learned:
- Yes, it is okay to eat eggs on the HCG Weight Loss Diet.
- No, you should not eat them every day.
- You can have up to 4 eggs total - 3 egg whites and 1 whole egg. You should be replacing the protein of either your lunch or dinner when you do this. However, if you decide to eat eggs on the HCG Diet, you should only do this once or twice a week.
- If you are extremely hungry when you wake up in the mornings, you can have a hard boiled egg once or twice a week. But I would suggest cutting out your Melba Toast/Grissini Bread-Sticks from lunch and dinner on the days that you do this.
- You should not have an egg for breakfast if you plan on having the 3 egg whites and 1 whole egg later on that same day.