hCG Diet Success Story

I heard about the HCG diet years ago. After reaching just over 106.6kg, a friend (who happens to have a statuesque figure like Deborah Messing) told me she'd gone from 88.4kg to her slim 54.4kg within a few months using the HCG Diet. It had been over six years and she had never gained it back... that's what caught my interest. A diet where you lose a lb a day and don't gain it back??? I was still skeptical but desperate. I was on the diet for less than 2 months, and lost nearly 18kg's!

I was tempted to continue until I reached my goal size, but I was worried about regaining the weight I'd lost. I mean, going from the Simeons 500 calorie diet (VLCD - very low cal diet) back to eating "normally" would certainly have repercussions, right? I decided to use the transition to my benefit.

 I started reading. Not so much about HCG, but about how the body works and its relationship with food. I should mention, shortly before going on the HCG Diet, I attended a motivational seminar and learned a great deal about behavior modification which blended well with what I was learning about health and food relationships. I realized the HCG Diet had in fact implemented the "shock and awe" factor needed to change my behavior toward food. I mean, 'drops' to lose weight and a body-jolting diet that results in massive and fast weight loss of 500g to 1kg a day- now that's drastic change that leads to behavior modification.

Specifically, my appetite was different. I was no longer having extreme cravings. More importantly, I was no longer eating until I was "full" - I was satisfied quickly and never felt deprived. That enabled me to accomplish one vital weight loss goal- to be able to walk away from food without eating. For 20 years of my life, I had been eating until I was full or even stuffed. I constantly had something in my stomach. Now, I could stand in front of the fridge, think, "eh, I'll come back when I know what I want for dinner" and walk away. Better yet, I could have dinner, eat a few bites and realize I didn't want more.

 Keeping on this route, I lost a total of 36.3kg's. This was in 2002, and I have not gained the weight back. I have adopted a healthy lifestyle that includes eating right and exercising- and enjoying it.

After the hCG Diet

Now that my relationship with food has changed, I realize the importance of how I transitioned my diet from starting with hCG diet shots and the VLCD (very low calorie diet) to everyday life. I didn't just swap back to my pre-HCG weight loss days. Instead, I continued with the original Dr. Simeons protocol but added calories through vegetables and liquidy foods (think yogurt and sugar-free smoothies.)

I learned the importance of keeping the body's ph balance alkaline and added related supplements to my diet, including vegetable teas (Supergreens supplements are in my water at all times- I recommend vegetable and alkalizing supplements for everyone. Also, I always make sure I get at least 30 grams of fiber daily, rather through high fiber raw foods or supplements. My daily food intake includes "negative calorie foods" such as strawberries (it takes twice as much calories to burn these little guys than they actually have) and broccoli. In fact, I try to add vegetables or fruit to every meal and eat at least one apple a day, whether I feel like it or not.

I also began to exercise. In the past, I hated exercise. It was something I HAD TO DO, rather than enjoyed. Well, guess what? Exercise as a thinner, healthier person, just doesn't feel like exercise-it actually feels really great to move and be active. I also stopped thinking, "I really need to go to the gym and stay on that treadmill for no less than an hour." Instead, I started thinking about what feels good. I just get on the treadmill and go- who cares about time! If it's 10 minutes or 2 hours- whatever feels good! It became soooo simple.

I initially started with stretching and yoga, which turned to Pilates. Pilates turned to the occasional stroll on the treadmill or around the block. I am not joking, but within a few months, I became addicted to the gym and "moving." Not because I had to, but because it felt good.

I think I discovered the bottom line is just doing what feels good for your mind, your body and your emotional well-being: Essentially, doing nothing, feels bad and keeps you feeling bad. Doing something keeps you moving forward and feeling great.


I hope this story helps to motivate and inspire others. I've now lost over 36.3kg's and kept the weight off for years. I still love going to the gym, I still eat moderately and I rarely think of what I can and can't eat. I can honestly say that hcg was what I needed to change my life- it was the gateway to my healthy lifestyle.

 Jen L.

No comments:

Post a Comment